While Copernicus Publications and the International Association of Hydrological Sciences welcome any original scientific work for publication, we expect the following:
- The work submitted for publication has not been published before, except in the form of abstracts, preprints, published lectures, theses, proceedings-type publications, or discussion papers that have not undergone full journal peer review, and it is not under consideration for peer-reviewed publication elsewhere.
- Its publication has been approved by all author(s) and, tacitly or explicitly, by the responsible authorities and/or the institutes where the work was carried out.
- If and when the manuscript is accepted for peer-reviewed publication, it may be re-used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License but not submitted for peer-reviewed publication elsewhere.
- The authors have secured the right to reproduce any material in his/her/their work that has already been published elsewhere.
- The authors have agreed to the licence and copyright agreement.
- The authors have agreed to the article processing charges valid on the date of manuscript submission (receipt of electronic files).
- The authors have agreed to and are in compliance with the general obligations for authors.
- From submission to publication, the authors of a manuscript are formally represented by the registered contact author(s). After publication, the authors of a manuscript are formally represented by the corresponding author(s) specified in the published paper.
- With regard to the evaluation of manuscripts, the guest editors and the referees will follow their guidelines as summarized in the general obligations for editors and the general obligations for referees.
- The use of general descriptive names, trade names, trademarks, etc., in the articles of this journal, even if not specifically identified, does not imply that these names are not protected by the relevant laws and regulations.
- The members of the editorial board try to guide the review process as carefully as possible but cannot take legal responsibility for the outcome and aftermath of acceptance or rejection.
- While the advice and information in this journal is believed to be true and accurate on the date each article is published, neither the authors, the editors, IAHS, nor Copernicus Publications can accept any legal responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred. IAHS and Copernicus Publications make no guarantee, expressed or implied, with respect to the material contained herein. Any opinions expressed in this journal are the views of the authors and are not the views of Copernicus Publications or IAHS.